Wath Cof E Extra Curricular Clubs and Competitions
At Wath CofE Primary School, we believe in an enriching education that develops the whole child as well as the core skills of reading, writing and mathematics. Clubs are a big part of this. We will endeavour to provide as broad a range of opportunities for the children as possible as well as a smaller range of clubs and competitions.
· Computing lessons for all children from Year 1 to Year 6 based on computer programming using a range of technology including robots.
· Spanish teaching for all children from Year 3 to Year 6 using the Language Angels Scheme.
· Music teaching from a specialist with a passion for children enjoying and performing music.
· A range of PE opportunities including two PE lessons per week, regular fitness opportunities and active playtimes.
· The children gain a better understanding of the world around them and the positive part they can play in this world through the Jigsaw PHSE Scheme of Work used by all children.
· All children have the opportunity to learn to swim during their journey through our school and understand water safety. This year the Year 6, Year 5 and Year 4 children will have this opportunity.
· The Year 4 and 6 children will go on a residential.
30.03.23 - Y6 children took part in the Wath Area Gymnastics Competition.
31.03.23 - Rotherham Area Cross Country Finals. Winners of the Y3/4 Girls' Team Competition and Y5/6 Girls. First and second place in the Y5/6 Girls' Individual.
18.05.23 - Winners of the Girts' Don and Dearne Football Cup.
22.05.23 - Winners of the Y5/6 Girls' Mr Whaley Football Shield.
25.05.23 - Third place in the Y5/6 Boys' Mr Whaley Football Shield.
22.09.23 - Boys' Football Friendly. Wath CofE 5 Wath Victoria 1.
26.09.23 - Winners of the Ray Matthews Cross Country Shield.
10.10.23 - Winners of the Barlow Salmon's Football Quarter Final.
12.10.23 - Winners of the Jmat Y5/6 Dodgeball Competition.
16.10.23 - Winners of the Jmat KS1 Football Competition.
Choir for Y3, Y4, Y5 and Y6 with Mrs Jones our school music teacher.
Come and play for F2, Y1 and Y2 with Miss Rockett, Mrs Pape and Miss Thickett.
Worship Club for pupils from all classes from F2 to Y6 with Mrs Horner and Mrs Parker.
Y5 and Y6 Robotics with Mr Harpur
PHSE Club Y1 to Y6 with Miss Goddard
Yoga Club Y3/Y4 with Mrs Sandberg
Mrs Burgin and sports leaders organise active activities each day for KS1 and KS2 at lunchtime.
The Beat The Teacher Competition takes place every Friday at playtime.
All clubs except Fun 4 U are offered at no cost to families.
Fun 4 U 2 provide after school activities and childcare to families from the end of the school day until 5.30pm. For information, telephone 07884 072141